Do you know Steve Jobs was fired from his own company(Apple) in 1985. And in 1997 after creating some lack luster products many people thought Apple products had no taste and the company would shut down soon. But there was one man who thought the opposite. And if you are guessing that one man was Steve Jobs then you are absolutely right. So after being fired from Apple in 1985 Steve Jobs was called back at Apple in 1997 to save the company. Jobs went one step further. Not only did he saved Apple from bankruptcy but he made Apple the most valuable company in the world
How did he do that? The answer is really simply he motivated his employees to create the best products in the world. Instead of creating 10 different products in the same category, focus on one single product that’s 10 times better than the competitor. And where there is motivation there has to be some motivational quotes. So here are 30 Steve Jobs quotes that will make you “Think Different”
1. I was worth over a million dollars when I was twenty-three and over ten million dollars when I was twenty four, and over a hundred million dollars when I was twenty five and it wasn’t that important because I never did it for the money.
2. My favorite things in life don’t cost any money. It is really clear that the most precious resource we all have is time.
3. Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me. Going to bed at night saying we have done something wonderful, that’s what matters to me.
4. Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.
5. Sometimes when you innovate you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly and get on with improving your other innovations.
6. Let’s go invent tomorrow rather than worrying about what happened yesterday.
7. I think if you do something and it turns out pretty good, then you should go do something else wonderful, not dwell on it for too long. Just figure out what’s next.
8. If you don’t love something, you are not going to go the extra mile, work the extra weekend. Challenge the status quo as much.
9. Be a yardstick of Quality, Some people aren’t used to environment where excellence is expected.
10. Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works.
11. We don’t get a chance to do that many things, and everyone should be really excellent. Because this is our life. Life is brief an then you die You know?. So this is what we have chosen to do with our lifes
12. I want to put a ding in the universe.
13. That’s been one of my mantra’s – Focus and Simplicity. Simple can be harder than complex. You have to work hard to get your thinking clean to me it simple.
14. I didn’t see it then but it turned out that getting fired from Apple was the best thing that could have ever happen to me, the heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again less sure about everything.
15. I’m convinced that about half of what separates the successful entrepreneur from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance.
16. Your time is limited so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by Dogma which is living with the results of other people’s thinking, don’t let the noise of others option drown out your own inner voice and most important have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know who you truly wan to become. Everything else is secondary.
17. Quality is more important than quantity. One home run is much better than two doubles.
18. The only way to do great work is to love what you do.
19. I have looked myself in the mirror every morning and asked myself If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I’m about to do today? And whenever the answer has been NO for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something.
20. Stay Hungry Stay Foolish.
21. Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick. Don’t lose faith.
22. Your work is going to fill a large part pf your life and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet keep looking and don’t settle, as with all matters of he heart you will know when you find it and like any great relationship it just gets better and better as the years roll on, so keep looking Don’t settle,
23. Picasso had a saying. Good artist copy, great artist steal and we have always been shameless about stealing great ideas.
24. My model for business is The Beatles. They were four guys who kept each other’s kind of negative tendencies in check. They balanced each other and the total was greater than the sum of the parts. That’s how I see business, great things in business are never done by one one person, they are done by a team of people.
25. The computer is the most remarkable tool we have ever come up with. It’s the equivalent of a bicycle for our minds.
26. It was impossible to connect the dots looking forward when I was in college. But it was very, very clear looking backwards ten years later. Again, you can’t connect the dots looking forward you can only connect them looking backward
27. You have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust that something your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. Believing that the dots will connect down the road will give you the confidence to follow your heart, Even when it leads you off the well-worn path, and that will make all the difference“.
28.Because a lot of times people think they are crazy but in that craziness we see genius and those are the people we are making tools for.
29. (Steve Jobs quotes from the silicon valley historical)
30. (Apple “Think Different” add campaign during the 1997 narrated by STEVE JOBS)
Steve Jobs indeed was a man who thought differently then and during his second phase at Apple he turned apple into a place where Art intersected technology. So I hope the above Steve jobs quotes will help you “Think Different” from now on.
Photo credit: COG LOG LAB