Born on February 11, 1847 Thomas Alva Edison was an American innovator and businessmen. Thomas Edison was one of the greatest innovators during the 19th and 20th century. He has approximately 1,093 innovations patents to his name. Some of Thomas Edison famous innovations were the phonograph, motion picture camera and the electric light bulb. Thomas Edison was also called the Wizard of Menlo Park as he carried out most of his research in Menlo Park, a highly successful innovator and his success was a result of continuous hard work and dedication to create something meaningful that will impact people life in a positive manner. So here are some of Thomas Edison quotes that can motivate anyone for success.
1. Genius is one 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration.
2. The things I lose patience with the most is the clock. Its hand move too fast.
3. 5% of people think; 10% of people think they think; and the other 85% would rather die than think.
4. I never did anything by accident nor did any of my inventions came by accident, they came by work.
5. If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves.
6. The three great essentials to achieve anything worth while are: Hard work, Stick-to-iteviness and Common sense.
7. What you are will show in what you do.
8. The value of idea lies in the using of it.
9. To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk.
10. The value of idea lies in using it.
11. I have far more respect for the person with a single idea who gets there than for the person with a thousand ideas who does nothing.
12. Nearly every man who develops an idea works it up to the point where it looks impossible, and then he gets discouraged. That’s not the place to become discouraged.
13. When I have fully decided that a result is worth getting I go ahead of it and make trial after trial until it comes.
14. There is far more opportunity than there is ability.
15. Failure is really a matter of conceit, People don’t work hard because, in their conceit, they imagine they will succeed without ever making an effort. Most people believe that they will wake up someday and find themselves rich. Actually, they’ve got it half right, because eventually they do wake up.
16. Negative results are just what I want. They’re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don’t.
17. There’s a way to do it better – find it.
18. Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.
19. Being busy does not always mean real work. The object of all work is production or accomplishment and to either of these ends there must be forethought, system. planning, intelligence and honest purpose and perspiration. Seeming to do is not doing.
20. Many of life’s failure are experienced by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
21. Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
22. I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that don’t work.
23. Restlessness is discontent and discontent is the first necessity of progress. Show me a thoroughly satisfied man and I will show you a failure.
24. I am proud of the fact that I never invented weapons to kill.
25. The most important task of civilization is to teach people how to think. It should be primary purpose of our public schools. The mind of a child is naturally active, it develops through exercise. Give a child plenty of exercise for body and brain. The trouble with our way of educating is that it does not give elasticity to the mind. It casts the brain into a mold. It insists that the child must accept. It does not encourage original thought or reasoning, and it lays more stress on memory than observation.
So we hope that you would have enjoyed reading these motivating Thomas Edison quotes and if you really been inspired by these amazing Thomas Edison quotes than do share them with other people because today you have the power to inspire someone by sharing these amazing quotes.
Photo credit: Playing Futures: Applied Namodology